Parks & Recreation
Click the activity number next to each program or event to register
The City of Hagerstown Parks & Recreation Division has the right fit for you this season!
Our free events are fit for your enjoyment and entertainment. Our ever-expanding list of recreation programs and classes are fit for your schedule, budget, experience level - and for everyone in your family! Looking for a facility to rent for your private party? We have a fit for you!
Although our parks can be visited year-round, they are "officially" closed November through March; during those months, no staff will be on site in the evenings or on weekends, and the restrooms are not open.
Services & Amenities
One of Hagerstown’s most valuable resources is its network of parks and recreational facilities. From quiet and historic City Park, to the active recreational opportunities at Fairgrounds Park, to the family-oriented amenities at Pangborn Park and Hager Park, residents have a range of facilities to enjoy. Join the fun playing a round of golf at Hagerstown Greens, participate in one of the many special events at our parks, or ride on the City’s expanding network of bicycle routes.
Click to read the Rules & Regulations for the use of the City’s park and recreational facilities, along with the City’s Dog Policy. Many of these facilities are available for rental by the general public.
The Parks and Engineering received the Landscaping Award for the Hagerstown Cultural Trail in February 2020!
We are happy to have such a beautiful park for the community to enjoy everyday!
Parks, playgrounds and restroom are open with the following restrictions:
• Signage will be placed at the playgrounds and dog park asking patrons to social distance. We strongly encourage patrons to wear masks.
• We ask that patrons of our facilities bring and use personal hand sanitizer, continue good hygiene and continue to follow CDC guidelines on COVID-19. Hand washing is available in the open restrooms only.
• Non-contact outdoor recreational activities such as walking, cycling, golfing, etc. are allowed provided social distancing is practiced.
The Greens at Hamilton Run is open with the following restrictions:
• The clubhouse is now open.
• Credit card payment is preferred.
• Refreshments and snacks, including beer, will be available for purchase.
• Golfers should continue to practice social distancing while on and off the course at all times.
• Two golfers allowed per cart; carts and keys will be sanitized after each use by City staff.
• Bunker rakes, ball washers and water coolers on course will be removed.
• Golf staff will be required to wear masks.
The Fit Room at Fairgrounds Park is now available for rentals.
The City of Hagerstown believes that through these efforts, in compliance with the Health Department’s suggestions, we can keep these recreational areas as safe as possible. If this reopening proves to be detrimental to maintaining public safety and health, the City will reevaluate opening these facilities.
The City of Hagerstown Parks & Recreation Division’s goal is to provide high quality recreation and leisure opportunities in safe, modern, and well-maintained parks and facilities to enhance the quality of life for all who live, work, and visit our City.
If you believe to have lost anything in one of our parks or facilities you can call the Parks and Recreation main office at 301-739-8577 x169 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Items will be held for 30 days before being discarded.