Recreation Facility Overview / List
Amenities & Facility OptionsThe City of Hagerstown is proud to offer several recreational facilities for use by residents and visitors.
- Hagerstown Greens – The City’s public 9-hole, par 34 golf course
- Ice & Sports Complex – Ice skating and ice hockey facilities at Fairgrounds Park
- Hagerstown BMX - BMX facility at Fairgrounds Park
- Municipal Stadium – Home of the Hagerstown Suns, minor league affiliate of the Washington Nationals
- Claude M. Potterfield Pool – The City’s public swimming pool, open Memorial Day weekend thru mid August
- Bike Routes – A series of bicycling trails and designated bike routes around the City
- Walking & Hiking - Walking trails and tours around the City
Historic Site Options
- Jonathan Hager House - The refurbished home of Hagerstown founder, Jonathan Hager, built circa 1739. This one of a kind house museum is staged with historic furniture and artifacts.
- City Park Train Hub - Home of the City Park Railroad Museum, Steam Locomotive Engine #202, Tommy 202 rides, interactive rail cars, train- themed playground, and the new City Park Train Pavilion
- Washington County Museum of Fine Arts - Regularly occurring new showings feature new artists, ethnic collections and traveling exhibits
- Mansion House Art Center - Georgian-style mansion house built by John Heyser in 1846
- Peter Buys Band Shell - The current Band Shell was erected in 1960, and is named for Peter Buys, conductor of the Municipal Band from 1920 to 1959. Park benches seat 250, and visitors are welcome to picnic on the open lawn area