Beer & Liquor License Information

To gather information on obtaining a liquor license, please contact the Washington County Liquor Board by calling 301.797.4591 or

Business License

If you plan to locate your business in the City limits of Hagerstown, you will need to visit the Planning Division to discuss/obtain a zoning certificate.  The Planning Division is located on the third floor of City Hall, 1 East Franklin Street.  Or you may contact them directly at 301.739.8577, Ext. 138. 

To obtain a business license, you will need to contact the Clerk of the Circuit Court at 301.733.8660.  If located in the City limits, you will need a Zoning Certificate prior to obtaining your business license.  For more information, you may visit their website at

Marriage License

To obtain a marriage license, you will need to contact the Clerk of the Circuit Court at 301.790.7991.  For more information you may visit their website at

Permits Issued by the City Clerk

The City Clerk’s Office issues various City Permits including.
  • Auctioneer - Application
  • Carnival
  • Circus
  • Parade (General)
  • Parade (Mummers Parade Vendor) - Application
    The Annual Alsatia Mummers' Parade will be held on Saturday, October 30, 2021. If you are interested in being a vendor for this event, you must obtain a one day permit from the City Clerk's Office. You may access vendor information and the application here. (the insert the link to the attached forms) All other information pertaining to the parade may be obtained by calling the Alsatia Club at 301.739.2044.
  • Peddler  - Application
  • Vendor - Application
To obtain a permit, please click on the appropriate link or for more information you may contact the Clerk’s Office at 301.739.8577, Ext. 113.