Donna K. Spickler
The City Clerk is Donna K. Spickler. Donna has been with the City of Hagerstown since 2002. She is a Certified Municipal Clerk, a professional designation awarded from the International Institute of Municipal Clerks. Donna is familiar with municipal government having worked for the Town of Williamsport for 22 years before coming to the City of Hagerstown. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Frostburg State University.
The City Clerk's duties include:
- Archiving City Council documents, official proceedings, ordinances, and resolutions;
- Maintaining boards and commissions applications and appointments;
- Maintaining City Council meeting and election materials;
- Developing agreements and leases;
- Providing Notary Public services;
- Publicizing of legal notices;
- Recording official documents;
- Administering various licenses some of which include peddlers permits, auctioneer licenses; and, transient permits.