City Park Train Hub
525 Highland Way
City Park Train Hub is home of the City Park Railroad Museum, Steam Locomotive Engine #202, Tommy 202 rides, interactive rail cars, train- themed playground, and the new City Park Train Pavilion. Located in Hagerstown City Park.
Season of Operation:
Mid-April through mid-October.
Fridays & Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
*Tours on the hour, no appointment necessary.
(Private tours available upon request during fall/winter. Call 301-739-8577 x 170 to request tour.)
|Seniors (62+)/Students (13-17)||$2.00|
|5 & under||Free|
|Group Tours||$2.00 per person|
- Explore, play, and climb aboard in the real retired cabooses and steam locomotive engine.
- Rides on Tommy 202, the trackless tractor wagon train ride. (available on select dates or w/private rental)
- Use of our New Train Pavilion inside the gated City Park Train Hub
- Museum staff to answer your train questions!
- Cash & Check accepted on-site. No credit cards processed on-site.
- Discover 19th century railroad tools and artifacts
Museum Ramble: May 3 and May 4
2019 Railroad Heritage Days: May 18, June 15, July 20, August 17
In partnership with Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum (296 S. Burhans Boulevard), enjoy Tommy 202 rides, train displays, family fun activities and more when you purchase a Railroad Heritage Days Souvenir Ticket (allows admission to both sites). $5/adult, $1/kids.
- May 18, 2019 - Locomotion: Ride & Explore (Barrell cart rides and outdoor train tours)
- June 15, 2019 - Celebrate Summer Train Party (Balloon Bending, music and BBQ)
- July 20, 2019 - Christmas in July (Trains of Christmas & Holiday fun!)
- August 17, 2019 - Harry Potter & Magic (Meet Harry Potter and see a magic show)
Frozen Princess Meet & Greet: May 31
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Friday, May 31, 2019 come meet Frozen Princesses Elsa and Anna, and Olaf! Enjoy a craft activity and snack-to-go while exploring the museum exhibits.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Meet & Greet: June 7
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Friday, June 7, 2019 come meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy! Enjoy a craft activity and snack-to-go while exploring the museum exhibits.
- Train Pavilion only, $125/daily
- Train Pavilion & Museum, $225 (with 4-hour minimum) and then $50/hour for each additional hour.
- Train Pavilion, Museum & Tommy 202 rides, $425 (includes 4 hour rental block, 1.5 hours w/Tommy 202 rides).
For more information, call (301) 739-8577 ext. 180
Located at Hagerstown City Park, West perimeter
Opposite the Mansion House Art Center
525 Highland Way
Hagerstown, MD 21740
The crown jewel of the museum is Steam Engine 202. This Locomotive was built in 1912 by the Baldwin Locomotive Works and it carried passengers and baggage between Baltimore and Hagerstown. It was retired in 1953. Totaling 77 feet in length, the engine weighs 415,000 pounds. Steam Engine 202 is the only Western Maryland road-type steam locomotive in existence.
In addition to the locomotive and its coal tender, six cabooses are also on display.