The City of Hagerstown is committed to the health and wellness of its employees and has been recognized by the Wellness Council of America as a fit-friendly organization. Wellness initiatives include:
- Wellable - rewards employees for action, awareness, and achievement
- Real Appeal - weight management and healthy lifestyle initiative for participants in one of the City's health insurance plans
- Health Risk Assessments - preventive screenings for common health concerns
- Sponsored participation in the annual Hub City 100-Miler challenge
- Reimbursement opportunities for other health-related activities such as Weight Watchers, gym memberships, fitness classes, etc.
For additional fitness and wellness resources, visit our Parks & Recreation Department for events and programs information.