Skip to Main Content
How Do I...
Fire Behavior & Tactical Considerations
Leave This Blank:
City ID #:
1. Ventilation must be ___________ with attack and search crews.
reduces flashover potential
increases the speed at which flashover will occur
3. Applying water from the exterior...
reduced temperatures throughout the structure
contributed to fire spread
4. Controlling the ventilation flow path...
has no effect on fire spread
is not important
controls the spread of fire
5. TRUE OR FALSE: All fires should be extinguished from the exterior of the structure.
6. TRUE or FALSE: Water application onto the fire or hot smoke/gases does not push fire.
7. Basement fires that spread to the first floor....
was more common through the interior stairway
was more common through the pipe chases into the kitchen
is not dangerous
is fuel that can ignite
cannot light on fire
9. The “I” that was added to VES (Vent, Enter, Search) stands for __________.
10. TRUE or FALSE: Ventilating at the right time is critical to safe and effective structural fire operations.
* indicates required fields.
Community's City Center Plan
Parks and Recreation
Parks Facilities Reservations
Recreation Activities Registration
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow