How do I apply for a zoning certificate?
You can apply for a zoning certificate in person in the Planning and Code Administration Office on the third floor of City Hall located at One East Franklin Street. The City requires that a Zoning Certificate be obtained before a business/trader's license is obtained from the Washington County Circuit Courthouse and before a business opens within the City limits. There is a filing fee to obtain a zoning certificate. Depending on the prior use, a change of use building permit my be required. Zoning Certificate Information

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a zoning certificate?
2. Do I need a permit to replace all or a portion of my fence?
3. My property is located in a historic district and I want to make exterior improvements. Do I need approval from the Historic District Commission?