Chief Administrative Officer
The City of Hagerstown Mayor and City Council appoints the City Administrator to serve as the chief administrative officer of the City. The City Administrator receives direction from the Mayor & City Council and is responsible for the day to day management of city operations as assigned under the City's Charter.
The City Administrator's primary responsibilities include:
- The direction of and oversight of city operations.
- The preparation and submission of an Annual Budget and Capital Improvement Program to the Mayor & City Council.
- Interacting with the public on City projects, operations, and community needs.
- Advising Council on the financial condition and future needs of the City and providing recommendations to the Council concerning the affairs of the City.
- Seeing that all laws, provisions of the charter, and acts of the Council are faithfully executed.