The Nicodemus Building is a c.1890's Romanesque Revival urban dwelling that has been used commercially for many years. The building was built as a residence for John L. Nicodemus, president of the bank located at 101 W. Washington Street (now the Discovery Station museum). The building is prominently located on a hill along a heavily traveled arterial (US40) through Downtown Hagerstown, at a traffic light. Distinctive details of the building include a corner tower element with arched windows under a conical roof, a triple-arched porch with clustered column supports on rough-faced stone piers, gabled wall and window dormers within a mansard roof, and rough-faced stone banding and foundation. The rear of the lot was recently rough graded and would be suitable for an addition and/or parking for the building. Public parking is also available across the street in a surface lot. The zoning allows the building to be used for commercial and/or residential purposes. The City has generous financial incentive programs to assist investors with rehabilitation of the building and securing tenants, if necessary, and to assist businesses with signs.