- Mayor & City Council
- How to Apply for Vacant City Council Seat
How to Apply for Vacant City Council Seat
To apply for the vacant City Council seat, interested persons must file an application for the position of Councilmember. Applications are available in the City Clerk’s Office located 1 East Franklin Street, Room 200, Hagerstown, Maryland.
Applicants must submit a completed application for the position of Councilmember for the City of Hagerstown, Maryland. Applicants may also submit a resume and letter of interest for consideration. Proof of age and residency must be attached to the application.
Applications must be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office located at 1 East Franklin Street, Room 200, Hagerstown, Maryland by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
Application for Councilmember - February, 2023
All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have resided in city limits of Hagerstown for one year prior to the date of the possible appointment.
- Currently be a resident in the city limits of Hagerstown and provide proof of residency.
- If selected, applicant must be at least 21 years of age prior to the appointment.
- Be a qualified voter in the City of Hagerstown.
- Applicants must submit their completed application to the City Clerk’s office by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
- The names of applicants and their completed application will be made public via media venues following the March 1, 2023 deadline.
- An Executive Session will be held on Tuesday, March 7, 2023. During that meeting, the Mayor and Council will review all applications and select individuals for an interview.
- The Mayor and Council will interview qualified applicants during the March 14, 2023 Work Session (open to the public).
- The Mayor and Council may conduct a second interview of selected qualified applicants to be interviewed or review interviewed applicants in Executive Session (closed to the public) on Tuesday, March 21, 2023.
- The Mayor and Council will appoint the new Councilmember at the Regular Session on
Tuesday, March 28, 2023.