Post- Turkey Flow Yoga
Friday, Nov. 24, 2017 (one-day-only) 9:30 a.m.- 10:30 a.m.
Friday morning after Thanksgiving, regain your glow with "Post-Turkey Flow Yoga" with Michelle Grimes at 9:30 a.m. at the Fit Room at Fairgrounds Park! All experience levels welcome! $10/person, one-day only session.
Registration in advance is required to attend.
Yoga For Weight Loss
Mondays & Wednesdays, 5:45 p.m.- 6:45 p.m.,
Current Session: Oct.30-Dec. 20, 2017 (8-week series) New Student, $115; Returning Student, $95
Meets twice a week at the Fit Room at Fairgrounds Park with Michelle Grimes.
This series focuses on a strong mind-body connection, while toning the body and burning fat.Experience how yoga speeds up the metabolism and enhances self-awareness.
Drop in for $10/ class.
- Jan.8- Feb. 28, 2018 (8-week series) New Student, $115; Returning Student, $95
- Mar. 5- Apr. 25, 2018 (8-week series) New Student, $115; Returning Student, $95
Calm by Candlelight-
Warm Slow Flow Yoga
Drop in for $15/ class.
- Mar. 6- Apr. 24, 2018 (8-week series) $75
Upcoming Session: Feb. 7-28, 2018 (4-week series)
- New Student (enrollment into series includes Yoga Tune Up® therapy balls), $60
- Returning Student (enrollment into series, Yoga Tune Up® therapy balls not included), $50
Self-care is health-care. In this amazing class, learn how to use Yoga Tune Up® therapy balls for self-care corrective exercises that promote mobility and restoration. Learn strategies to eradicate pain, improve posture, and enhance your body's performance. Take care of the issues in your body's tissues! Through self-massage, stretching, and relaxation techniques, learn to utilize the assistance of this new equipment/ tool, Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls, which you have the option of purchasing to keep, or borrowing during this 4-week series.
Click the link above to enroll and learn more details about the class and topics covered in each meeting of this four-part series. Workshop series provided by Alys Dahbura.
Drop ins are welcome:
- $15/class (if borrowing equipment); or
- $25/class (includes purchase of Yoga Tune Up® balls)
THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE provides tools and strategies to help gain more awareness, focus, and presence in our daily lives. This challenge encourages the practice of daily activities to help reduce stress and anxiety, elevate mood, improve performance and productivity, and increase happiness. Practicing mindfulness will cultivate a greater sense of peace and overall well-being!
30 day challenge, begins November 1
What you get:
- Daily mindful activities to keep you motivated
- Weekly emails with tips, practices and ideas on how to become more mindful: self-practice of shutting down and logging out before bedtime, breathing techniques, eating and drinking mindfully, waking and waiting before electronics, and focus on completing one task at a time.
- Mindfulness workshop included
- Help with setting goals - what would you like to gain, or perhaps lose, during the challenge?
- Weekly Prizes! Grand Prize (valued at $250) ? 90 Minute Group Yoga & Meditation Session with Michelle Grimes!
The Fit Room at Fairgrounds Park
532 N. Cannon Ave. Hagerstown, MD 21740.
Payment methods accepted on-site: cash or check made payable to: "The City of Hagerstown."
For additional information or help with registration, call:
The City of Hagerstown Parks & Recreation Office
(301)739-8577 ext. 170.